Monday, January 09, 2006

Widget - Sony 4GB and 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo


Still in CES, Sony unveiled their latest gadgets and accesories. What caught my eye was the new Sony 4GB and 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duos that promise to increase mobile storage capacities.

I'm eyeing the 4GB one for my PSP and Sony Ericsson P910i. I'm just not sure if they would be able to use all that space right away, specially the 8GB version since the PSP as I recall can only support up to 4GB. Perhaps Sony will address this with another firmware update.

These would probably enter the market at a very high price, as they usually do. But we can expect the older models such as 1GB and 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duos to get some further price cut. Here in Japan, a 2GB sells for ¥15,000 or about $130. I've seen them go for $110 on eBay though. The high-speed 2GB version retails for about ¥24,000.

No price quotes are available as of this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home